Solenoids for liquid

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
gbrewer
Bot?: No

Solenoids for liquid

Post by gbrewer »

Is anyone using a solenoid with the BCS system to control liquid? I am looking for some different options to further automate. I would like to eliminate the hose change requirements that I currently have. I have done some research on solenoids and believe I would want a three way solenoid but am not sure. I am also not sure the BCS would work with a 3 way solenoid. I really don't need an "middle" off position, just a one way or the other.

So..... To further my research... Any ideas from the group?

I would start this with my hlt and mt kettle running off the single pump. I change a hose from mash in with strike water to recirculation within the MT.
BrianC

Re: Solenoids for liquid

Post by BrianC »

Not much to add, but with the expansion card, this is something I am interested in as well. If I can get a hold of a stainless version of the valves I have (http://www.valves4projects.com), I'll probably be giving this a go in the near future.
ECC

Re: Solenoids for liquid

Post by ECC »

There was a guy a while back that wanted to use 3-way solenoid valves here. I don't think he continued with the project. But there's no reason that they shouldn't work. Would definitely cut down on the number of valves required.