Expansion Card Question

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
RonRock
Bot?: No

Expansion Card Question

Post by RonRock »

Cool to see the availability of the card. I'm a long way from needing one at this point. But hopefully will need one at some point.

So the question is............Does the card come in an enclosure? It appears not, would an enclosure be available? Price?
HarvInSTL

Re: Expansion Card Question

Post by HarvInSTL »

I was wondering the same thing. As far as price goes, it appears to be $34 without the power option.

http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/order.html
ECC

Post by ECC »

To keep costs down, the expansion card doesn't have an enclosure. The thought was, if you need that much I/O for valves and such, then you probably already have some sort of electrical enclosure.

The expansion card is a PCB with mounting holes, so you can mount it inside your electrical enclosure with standoffs. Or you could use some sort of plastic/nylon washers between the card and the enclosure.
RonRock

Post by RonRock »

Cool, Thanks
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

ECC wrote:To keep costs down, the expansion card doesn't have an enclosure. The thought was, if you need that much I/O for valves and such, then you probably already have some sort of electrical enclosure.
A bare BCS460 in a card cage would be a really neat option. I can't imagine needing that kind of I/O right now (I'm working on it*), but a cage would be elegant and robust if your application required a BCS460 and two or three expansion cards. It would also provide a panel (front of the cage) where you could punch in RJ-11s or similar jacks for the ins and outs. Then add an internal power supply and wiring harness and pitch the wall wart.

Charlie (*is gonna get an expansion card anyway)
"I'm not superstitious. I think it's bad luck." Niksun

http://www.maltmunchingmashmonsters.com