#$@##! Moving to Germany

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
Mark
Bot?: No

#$@##! Moving to Germany

Post by Mark »

Just when I gathered all the things I need to complete building my brewery, my company decides that it would be better for me to be working in Germany rather than here in Dallas. Now, I did travel back and forth quite often (once a month) so no big deal to live there.

My problem is that I am all electric on my brewery. My heating elements are all 240V which sounds good since Germany is 240V also. My concern is USA uses two wires/legs of 120V (black and red wire) where Germany has two wires, black at 240V with a white common. I think that is the way or it has been described to me. Does anyone on this board know or have any experience with this? I spent a lot of $$ on these SS industrial elements. I am in the process of wiring everything, so that has stopped.

I can use a voltage transformer on the 110V pumps or just sell them and find a couple of European march pumps.

Anyone have some German wiring diagrams? I am a ME, so not to up on electrical stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Make the move first of March!
Having as much fun building and tweaking as brewing! Must be the engineer in me!

Mark
Addison, Texas
Mark

Re: #$@##! Moving to Germany

Post by Mark »

I am at work right now and don't have my BCS-460 here. Is the voltage transformer that came with it 110-240V 50-60H? My laptop and cell phone charger are, so that is not a problem, but concern about my BCS now. if not, what is the voltage to power the BCS? Could I used a cell phone charger that rates at 110-240V 50-60H and that matches the male pin and voltage?
Having as much fun building and tweaking as brewing! Must be the engineer in me!

Mark
Addison, Texas
np0x

Post by np0x »

getting 5V DC in germany is going to be the easy part, I would think you need to work through all the high voltage side issues...
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Here are some specs of the power transformer (thanks for requesting this, been meaning to add this for a while).
http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... ifications