BCS-462 not refreshing using Firefox Windows 7 64bit

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
mavantix
Bot?: No

Re: BCS-462 not refreshing using Firefox Windows 7 64bit

Post by mavantix »

cscade wrote:@mavantix I have experienced what you're talking about in chrome. I have been able to alleviate it by closing the BCS control tab and clearing my cache in chrome settings. Try that for now, a long term fix is in the works.
Just tested, clearing the cache didn't seem to fix the flicker issue.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I downgraded to Firefox 17.0.1 today and it seems to be working just fine. Because of my extensive cusomizations, I can't utilize the new BCS 3.7.0 firmware version yet, but for others, going to 3.7.0 should help (when it is released).
MaxOut

Post by MaxOut »

I had the same problem show up yesterday after the update. It was driving me crazy so I looked into it to see what else was installed and new McAfee security was installed with it. I am all ready using Norton so I removed McAfee and the flickering is gone. Seems every time it did a refresh McAfee was checking it out causing a brief delay in the refresh. Hope that's all it was. 8-)
mavantix

Post by mavantix »

MaxOut wrote:I had the same problem show up yesterday after the update. It was driving me crazy so I looked into it to see what else was installed and new McAfee security was installed with it. I am all ready using Norton so I removed McAfee and the flickering is gone. Seems every time it did a refresh McAfee was checking it out causing a brief delay in the refresh. Hope that's all it was. 8-)
Not anti-virus here, using Chrome on the Macbook Air, no AV software installed. It works fine without the flicker in Safari.
disco stu

Post by disco stu »

cscade wrote:
I'm glad you're having good results with Opera. It's not one of our officially supported browsers, but for most tasks it should work equally as well as Chrome.
Just started using opera instead of chrome and I'm getting much better performance with my bcs unit. I was fed up with the flickering, delays and manual refresh's using Chrome, can't believe I battled on for so many brews with chrome.