BCS and March pump interface

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
mdunlop
Bot?: No

BCS and March pump interface

Post by mdunlop »

I just bought my 462 and several hunderd dollar worth of stuff to get my new ebrewing system up and running.

I'm desigining my panel and seem to be missing out on something. On every schematic I have seen everyone seem to be having the BCS control the March pumps. I will have two on my build. Is the interface only to turn the pumps on and off with an IPAD or is this a part of a process that is built into the logic. I'm placing in my panel a three way switch to control the pumps auto (BCS controlled) and manual if needed. I'm trying to figure out way I would want the BCS to turn the pumps on when I have a simple manual switch in the panel. Is there more to it that I'm missing. There is added expense in the two additioanl SSR's and two outputs that are being used. I ordered the 462 but maybe all I needed was the 460. I will be controlling two heating elements, a fermantation cooler and maybe a beer cooler some day.
brahn

Re: BCS and March pump interface

Post by brahn »

You can control the pumps with the processes, not just by manually clicking on something in the interfaces. You might want to start the pump with 20 minutes left in the boil to sanitize the pump, or use it to automatically shut off a pump when you trigger a float switch for example. No, it's not necessary to have the BCS control the pumps, but none of this automation stuff is necessary for brewing. If you're going the automation route, why not go all the way?
mdunlop

Re: BCS and March pump interface

Post by mdunlop »

Makes since now. I totally dig the automation portential but wasn't seeing the big picture. I'm going from a turkey fryer extract program to a single tier three vessel two pump all grain system with automation and a lot of gagets and interface. This is a big step for me and the learning curve has been huge. I've been thinking about making this move for two years. Now I'm off and parts are on their way.

Your post just helped me understand the potential. Thanks for your time!