BCS 460 VIRTUAL "KILL SWITCH"

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
ThePol
Bot?: No

BCS 460 VIRTUAL "KILL SWITCH"

Post by ThePol »

Is there a function in the BCS, whereas the user can simply press ONE button (that is easily accessible) on the web based controller and shut down ALL outputs?

Basically, on a brewing system that is using the BCS as a virtual controller, with no manual switches or controls, is there something in the BCS that is like the "BIG RED MUSHROOM BUTTON"?

Something like that would be nice, a large red button, a panic button... that you can click on and all outputs will be halted.
ECC

Re: BCS 460 VIRTUAL "KILL SWITCH"

Post by ECC »

Yeah, this is a great idea. In fact, I think its been requested before, even back in beta testing. I'll see if I can get it worked into the next firmware release.
ThePol

Post by ThePol »

Thanks, I would like to see something like this considered. Typical "manual" rigs have the big red mushroom in many cases, the addition of this button to the BCS would be nice. Thanks for the reply.
np0x

Post by np0x »

There are two levels of actual big red buttons, I have both on my rig, i have a switch that kills the power to the bcs if I want to shut it down or power cycle it, and then I have each powered outlet with a 3-way switch that allows force-off, force-on, or ssr(bcs)-control of the out.

For the kill switch on the bcs, I just spliced a switch into the power line from the wall wort inside my enclosure.

I find I use the force on/off switches for the high voltage side quite frequently, the power cycle switch on the bcs very rarely.

What you are suggesting would be like a virtual big-red-button, and would be the yet another type of big-red button. :)
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.