Anything new?

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
walte1fr
Bot?: No

Anything new?

Post by walte1fr »

I'm looking at doing a big winter project build on my brewery. I'm going to upgrade to a 3 vessel 15 gallon keggle (leaning towards herms) brewing system. I like the idea of the bcs since I work for the airlines it would be nice to start the heating process remotely on my way home. I heard a rumor you guys were going to incorporate a volume control in a firmware update. Reading all the reviews I'm going with your controller hands down but it was the only selling point for the brewtroller over yours. Is there anything in the works? Or is there a way I can hook this up to a valve and put that on a process to turn on for a set amount of time? It would be nice to just know the volume though.

Thanks. Can't wait until I order this and get it hooked up
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Anything new?

Post by JonW »

Volume measurement is something that they've had on the to-do list for a while and it will eventually get there, but there are a lot of things being worked on right now, so no promises.

However, as you alluded to, you can do a timed fill. If you use a simple water pressure regulator and a fixed orifice (like a shower flow restrictor), you will get very accurate fill volumes. The BCS timers are accurate to the second, so you should have no issues doing fill volumes this way. I actually have the parts to do this myself, but I just haven't got around to getting it completed.
walte1fr

Re: Anything new?

Post by walte1fr »

oh cool thanks. yeah I have automated valves for my water supply. I could put put a process for that to just open that for so many seconds and just measure it myself on how long it would take. Thats a great idea. what are some of the other new things in progress? and when do you see volumn being on the cutting board? months years? I'm happy either way just wondering