Announcement: BCS Firmware version 3.7.1 is now available

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
brahn
Bot?: No

Announcement: BCS Firmware version 3.7.1 is now available

Post by brahn »

Firmware v3.7.1 is now available here:

http://wiki.embeddedcc.com/index.php/Fi ... and_Errata
Last edited by JonW on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link
Joyride-Brewing

Re: Announcement: BCS Firmware version 3.7.1 is now availabl

Post by Joyride-Brewing »

Firmware upgrade was pretty easy to do, thanks..-Joe
jessewien

Post by jessewien »

Thanks for the update. Is there any update on when the next version (4.0?) will be out, or more details of what it will contain? Thanks again.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I'm currently the only developer and getting some significant bug fixes done for 3.7.1 slowed down the progress on 4.0. It's still underway and I'm back to making progress on it. At the mile high level, the big changes are that the interface is being rewritten from scratch to be more modern/responsive and the API is now based on REST/JSON. There's a fair amount of stuff working and I may even try brewing with 4.0 this weekend if I get the interface updated to support auto-ignition. The main features that aren't implemented in the API or UI at this point are data logging, HMI, and ladder logic. We're still talking about how we want to implement those and make them more useful and user friendly. We're also still tweaking the interface, making sure it works on mobile devices, etc.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I'd been toying with the idea for a while, but with a few questions about 4.0 floating around I setup a Twitter account and posted a couple screenshots so you can see some of what's going on with 4.0. Check it out, I'll be posting more as more features get added!

https://twitter.com/embeddedcc

@embeddedcc
Pmarshall

Post by Pmarshall »

I uploaded the latest bin and it lists as 3.7.0 not 3.7.1 in the BCS systems setting page after the upgrade.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I just downloaded and installed the one on the wiki and it's showing 3.7.1. Did you get it in the right directory for your TFTP server? Make sure it didn't get renamed because of an existing file with the same name, eg bcs460 (1).bin.
Joyride-Brewing

Post by Joyride-Brewing »

Looks interesting Brent. Some process control engineers recommend simpler user interface graphics and it seems maybe that's what you're trying to go for rather than high res graphics, etc.
I recently bought 2- BCS-462's rather than going with PLC's to use for building 2 control panels (heat and cool side) for my son in laws 10 bbl brewery they're building in Denver and I'm pleased so far. Keep us posted on further updates.
-Joe
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Pesho77 - I have split your questions & discussion off into a separate thread from this one.

Please see thread here: http://forum.embeddedcc.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2322