New BCS Config check..

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
Bru-Noob
Bot?: No

New BCS Config check..

Post by Bru-Noob »

Brewery Beta2.pdf
Diagram
(197.72 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Hey all.. Long time lurker who is embarking on an automated Ferm/Serv/Brew (semi) automated brewing control project. My goal is to have BCS-462 wall mounted away (but close) to BrewSculpture and Ferm+Keezer. I would like to connect everything via CAT-5 where possible. My runs would not be more than 20-30 feet in any one direction. I read on the ECC wiki that one Cat-5 cable would support two SSR's and one Temp sensor.. Based on this I created the diagram that is attached this post.. I'm trying to wrap my head around each component but from a 10,000 foot level I see each unit having its own control/electrical box with electrical supplied locally at each. Only Cat-5 connecting each to the wall mounted BCS control box. Im not sure if Cat-5 should home run from each device back to BCS control box or patch from each to the BCS control box? Anyway this is V1.0 so please share any mistakes or misinterpretations or gross violations you may see... Thanks one and all
JonW
Site Admin

Re: New BCS Config check..

Post by JonW »

My rig was connected to my BCS (mounted on the wall) via 3 Cat-5 cables. 1 cable supported 6 temp probes, 1 cable for 7 low voltage relays for valves and alarm and 1 cable supported 7 SSR's for pumps, gas valves and igniter.

You have 8 wires in a Cat-5 cable, so you can wire up several items in one cable.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

In you diagram you have RTD If these are RTD probes they will not work with the BCS
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Also why would you connect the Keezer to the BCS. Do you need to control the Temp of it? We have a Kegerator and just set the temp and forget it. :D