ssr noob question

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
Pesho77
Bot?: No

ssr noob question

Post by Pesho77 »

Is there a brand or type of ssr thats recomended for controling a 8kw lpg gas burner, and a recomended type of actuator for controling ball valves ? and both available in the uk

Im sure there much of a muchness but best to ask

TIA Pesh
Pesho77

Re: ssr noob question

Post by Pesho77 »

Gonna change this question

What types do you use ?

Pesh
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Just search Ebay for "SSR 25A" and you'll see a ton of them. I use Crydom ones, but I found a bunch of them once for a steal. If I was rebuilding today, I'd just get the cheap Chinese ones and keep a few spares on hand.

When you ask about an actuator for the ball valves, are you saying you already have valves and want to add actuators or are you looking for a complete valve/actuator combo? Or do you really mean a relay board to trigger the valves?

There are a lot of "builds" on HomeBrewTalk that have tons of information about what was used in the build process (my own included). You might want to spend some time going through those in detail to get a better idea on the components you'd like to use for your own build.
Pesho77

Post by Pesho77 »

Ive currently only got a 100l full manual set up 3 tuns but only 2 burners (both lit manualy) 2 off bsc460's and 6 off temp probes, so i need a whole lot of gear, i wasnt plannng to get fully set up till early next year to be honest, so pleanty of time to plan every thing but if i can get a burner (or 2) automated that would make life easier.

Pesh