BCS-462 config resets to defaults

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
Joyride-Brewing
Bot?: No

BCS-462 config resets to defaults

Post by Joyride-Brewing »

I just recently had a BCS that locked up on the bench while programming and there was no problem with Brewers Hardware replacing it because it was a month old (great customer service btw).

Today I was re-programming it from a config backup at my office on a PC,and it was working great. At home I have a Mac, so I continued to add re-programing to it on my MAC after wiring some DIN's via ladder logic to start some logic processes, and damn, if the entire config and ladder logic reset to defaults (blank) like it was out of the box including the LED temp display I set to display back to analog, with labels I programmed on the inputs and outputs as well as eliminating the config files I uploaded for the processes at the office. It happened more than once tonight.

I understand that Safari on my Mac is not a supported browser and gambled with it because I had no problem with my first one for the cooling side using my Mac.

I'll try to reprogram with my PC again, but any thoughts on why my Mac caused a reset or is it a fluke?

I updated firmware to 3.71 as soon as I got the new BCS, but my previous BCS has the firmware update as well and I was using my Mac to program it and is still working great.
-Joe
Joyride-Brewing
Bot?: No

Re: BCS-462 config resets to defaults

Post by Joyride-Brewing »

I think I found the problem, the mini 5 position rotary switch I was using to input to 5 DIN's seems to have some high resistance between poles causing the DIN's to be paralleled and probably causing the BCS to reset.. as usual, user error..
-Joe