A few additional Questions

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

A few additional Questions

Post by oakbarn »

1. The alarm in System Setting is set to /alarm_clock.mp3. Where is this file? Can I add my own mp3?
A. Can I add my own mp3?
b. Can you have more than one mp3?

2. How do I find the firmware version that I have?

3. Is the source code for the interface available?

4. Has anyone "written" a manual on HMI? :D

I am still assembling my parts for some assisted brewing so I have not done much in programming yet so I will have a lot more questions.
brahn

Re: A few additional Questions

Post by brahn »

oakbarn wrote:1. The alarm in System Setting is set to /alarm_clock.mp3. Where is this file? Can I add my own mp3?
A. Can I add my own mp3?
b. Can you have more than one mp3?
I've never tried it, but I think you can specify the MP3 but it probably has to be on a web server.
You can only have one mp3.
oakbarn wrote: 2. How do I find the firmware version that I have?
It's displayed on the settings page in the Firmware Upgrade subsection.
oakbarn wrote: 3. Is the source code for the interface available?
No, not at this time.
oakbarn wrote: 4. Has anyone "written" a manual on HMI? :D

I am still assembling my parts for some assisted brewing so I have not done much in programming yet so I will have a lot more questions.
I really don't know anything about the HMI, sorry. I've tried playing with it a few times, but haven't really figured it out. That's part of the reason that it's one of the big outstanding items from 4.0.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I try it and you can add your own mp3 for the alarm. I actually put a song on the web and added the address and when I tested it, my Celtic Woman song sounded (6.8mb). By the way Dropbox has a public area where you can store stuff and make it "public". I would assume that the path is limited to 64 characters like the image for the HMI. I am not sure still what would happen if you are not connected to the internet for your image or mp3.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I have two instances of the BCS Interface (two computers). The image link transfers but the alarm does not. On one computer I get my own mp3 (Celtic Woman) but on the other the standard buzzer.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Clear your cache on the computer. They both pull what's saved in the BCS.
0smium

Post by 0smium »

Any updates on whether the client source code is available, now for the 4.x firmware? I'd like to expand on the existing interface to add some brew calculations and possibly some persistent storage for historical brews, including ingredients and calcs. I'd prefer that over wrapping the existing client and it's not so easy (near impossible) to work with the minified/uglified code.