Temp Average

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Temp Average

Post by oakbarn »

If I have Temp 0 and Temp 1 set to average in System Settings => Miscellaneous System Settings

Does the "Enable" Checkbox have any effect on Temp 1. Since the Average will be shown as Temp 0, I would logically unclick Temp 1 "Enable" as I do not care about it.
oakbarn

Re: Temp Average

Post by oakbarn »

I would assume that Temp 0 and Temp 1 average would be the Temp 0 "Value" used in any for Temp 0 in any Process and Temp 1 logically not used.
brahn

Post by brahn »

I took a quick look at the code and it looks like you could disable Temp 1 and still get the correct average temp in Temp 0. I didn't look really carefully, and I haven't tried it. I'd suggest trying it to see if it works.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I will try it once I get my probe cables. I bought several from brewershardware but am going to exchange them for m12 connectors on both ends. Just make it easier to dis connect and work on the BCS if needed.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Some “facts” about Temperature Averaging
1. You set these under System Settings => [-] Miscellaneous System Settings. In this case I have selected Temp 0 and Temp 1 to be averaged.
2. Temp Average is simply (Temp 0 + Temp 1) divided by 2.
Example:
Temp 0 = 152
Temp 1 = 156
(152+156)/2 = 154

3. Temp 0 displays the Average 154.
4. Temp 1 (if Enabled) will display 156.
5. If Enabled, Temp 1 can still be used in processes (156).
6. Temp 0 must be enabled to be used in processes, but the Temperature is the average 154.

WARNING: If you do not have Temp 0 enabled, it is still available as a parameter in Exit Conditions under Edit Process, but it will NOT work. If you have Temp 0 and Temp 1 set to average, you should also insure that Temp 0 is enabled under System Settings => [-] Sensor Inputs and Outputs

7. Generally it would be a good idea to not have Temp 1 enabled as it may confuse the issue. It is still used in Step 2 to obtain the average if it is not enabled.