Ball Valves won't close!!

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Ball Valves won't close!!

Post by JonW »

The 5v trigger I refer to is the BCS output (relay board input). BCS outputs 5V on each port when you turn that output on.
fbones

Post by fbones »

JonW wrote:The 5v trigger I refer to is the BCS output (relay board input). BCS outputs 5V on each port when you turn that output on.
Jon, the problem I am having is that my tanks aren't at my house, so it is tough to drive an hour each way to run a test. I did however dig up the 2 extra valves that I bought as back-ups. Now that I have them wired up, everything seems to be working just as it should. I guess I will see how the actual mounted valves work tomorrow.
fbones

Post by fbones »

Now that I am back onsite, the system is operating exactly as it did before. I am trying to think of what other variables there could be, but I can't think of anything. I have it wired exactly the same as I did at the house, but now all the valves open as soon as power is turned on. At the house for some reason, the system will turn on, but the valves will only actuate when the bcs tells them. What am I missing here?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

fbones wrote:What am I missing here?
Are you using the exact same relay board and valves at home as what this setup has?

You still need to do the 5V and ground activation test that I suggested.

It's very hard to answer questions to your problem without seeing the complete wiring and programming that is in place.