Pre-planning stages of BCS based homebrewery

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
pngaudioguy
Bot?: No

Re: Pre-planning stages of BCS based homebrewery

Post by pngaudioguy »

Hey everyone! I've been pretty silent all year thanks to a ridiculously stressful move. After a home inspection, plus the VA's required home inspection our house got signed off for the loan and we moved in. Went to make some cosmetic tweaks and discovered a rotten subfloor in one room, studs that wouldn't hold weight on an exterior load-bearing wall in another, 6 foot diameter black mold circle on reused carpet pad under a fresh but ugly pink carpet, and a roof that leaks whenever the wind is blowing from the South East. Ugh. Finances got slammed getting everything fixed up, and the brew rig is on hold. BUT, someone suggested I give GoFundMe a try, so I setup a page and am mentioning it wherever there are folks I think might be interested. I COMPLETELY understand if you're not interested, but if you are, just head over to their site and search out "Caleb's New Brewing Rig".

Either way, I'm gradually stashing away funds towards the project and acquiring odds and ends so that I'll eventually have a functional automated system. So far I've got kettles, heating elements, high amperage disconnects, the plate chiller, and a super heavy duty table that's going to be repurposed instead of building a custom metal stand. I'll keep you guys posted, and hopefully the result will be sooner rather than later!