Reset Butto

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
391dave
Bot?: No

Reset Butto

Post by 391dave »

Help! I have a ebrewsupply panel and can't really see around the 462. Where is the reset button? Does anyone have a picture?
391dave

Re: Reset Butto

Post by 391dave »

found it after I broke my wife's compact...tiny mirror
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

When I put my BCS on a DIN Rail in my panel, I placed it so I could depress the RESET button. I wish they would move the RESET button to the outside case as I think there is little chance of depressing it by accident for more than 10 seconds.
pngaudioguy

Post by pngaudioguy »

@oakbarn - did you use the oscsys adapter, make your own, or some other? Would you mind sharing a pic of how you've got it mounted for those of us still in the planning and hopefully soon building phases?
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

IMG_7403x1.jpg
IMG_7403x1.jpg (31.53 KiB) Viewed 7917 times
A bit messy right now as I am doing some new wiring. I have the BCS in its own box with just the Wall Wart. The Wall Wart is switched and I have a pilot light on the switch. The RESET hole is easy to get to on the top. When first building, I had to RESET fairly often until I got the Network connection down. Have not had to do it in a while but just in case. I have my DINs in their own box as well as the SSRs in their own box. I do have an old box with illuminated maintained switches that I used to control my pumps (we have 4). I wired the SSRs to them as it was easy. Both the SSRs must be ASSERTED and the switches on for the Pumps to run. I know they are powered because of the illumination. Therefore we have an "Emergency Off" by pump but mostly control them with the BCS.

And yes, there are two BCSs. The second one I have updated to 4.0. That will eventually be my Fermenter Control one. It will be somewhere else shortly. I just quickly hooked it in for some testing and to see 4.0.
pngaudioguy

Post by pngaudioguy »

Thanks for the description. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a larger image associated with the thumbnail, and it's pretty hard to see how it's mounted that small. From what I've been reading on here, I like the idea of throwing a switch on the BCS to power it up after the network device so that it doesn't select the 169.x.x.x default address (don't remember the rest offhand.)
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I will try to post a better pix.
PLOVE

Post by PLOVE »

Gotta vent. The reset button is super frustrating on my 460. No matter what 'non metallic' tool I use, I can't get to it. I have to unscrew the back cover, pull out the board, and then it's exposed. The hole drilled into the case just doesn't line up. If you're having trouble finding the satisfying "click" of the reset button - this might be your problem as well.
P
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

I have to unhook a few other pieces of my panel to get at mine but what I have found to work for me is to snap off the end of a toothpick. I then grab the small section with a needle nose pliers and use it that way. Angle it slightly and you should be able to find the sweet spot.

I will agree it would be nice to have it in an easier location.
DerpyDerp

Post by DerpyDerp »

My 462 arrived today and I eagerly plugged it in and upgraded the firmware. I made a change to the network settings (static IP) and somehow I lost connectivity. So I looked up the hard reset procedure and couldn't for the life of me manage to push the reset button, so I took off the end plates and realized that I was only pressing the side of the Cat5 connector housing -- the reset button access hole was drilled on the wrong side of the case! I had to drill a new hole (two, actually, since I missed the right location the first time) to enable access to the reset button.

I'll just consider it additional ventilation at this point, but I hope it's not indicative of sloppiness with the rest of the unit.