Total Rewire

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Total Rewire

Post by oakbarn »

I totally re wired my brewery. I put the Temp Probe wiring in Metal Conduit as I was having some issues. I ran foil hield 18 gauge twisted pair inside the conduit. I am going to brew Sunday with my new "green" brewery. I am going to pre heat the Strike Water using a "hillbilly hot tub heater" overnight. Hoping it will cut two hours off my brew day as my Strike Water will be at Strike when I walk in in the morning. My Herms will also be ready to go! I think I have my process set correctly. The BCS is aswome! :D
oakbarn

Re: Total Rewire

Post by oakbarn »

Worked very well.

Overkill but NO issues with Probes.

I ran 18 awg foil shield twisted pair from the BCS to the M12 Disconnect box. The wires were run in a 3/4 inch metal conduit. The M12 well electrically isolated from the box and the conduit was not grounded on either end. The Drain wire was not grounded either. The Ground for the Temp Probes was connected to a Ground bar right by the BCS. The Ground Bar was connected to the BCS Ground (all Three) and also to the 110 vAC Outlet Ground where the BCS Power Supply was plugged into. The metal conduit crossed any AC power at 90 degrees and was run away from any AC Power.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

Pix:
BCS Wire.JPG
BCS Wire.JPG (51.24 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
M12 Disconnect Box.JPG
M12 Disconnect Box.JPG (51.33 KiB) Viewed 3450 times
oakbarn