Thinking of getting a Jacketed Fermenter

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
barney the bear
Bot?: No

Re: Thinking of getting a Jacketed Fermenter

Post by barney the bear »

Many devices with compressors (fridge and AC) include a delay switch to avoid restarting shortly after it was turned off. The restart without enough time from the last run can destroy them. If you remove the electronics in the AC you maybe also remove the delay switch.

Can you program a function in the BCS that works like a delay switch? Maybe a broad hysteres is enough.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

After destroying the first AC (Free and well Used), I bought a 5000 BTU AC from HD and simply took the coil and bent carefully into my Glycol Bath. I had to cut the cover but only a little. I replaced the cover and all electronics were not touched. I found that a 1 degree Hysteresis took about an hour between cooling sessions for the AC. I have my Freezer on a 1 degree Hysteresis and they are even longer.

I do have one heating element that I am using a 2 degree Hysteresis because it is 220 vac and I have a Mechanical Contactor that is powered by an Transformer via an BCS Out SSR. I did not want it to chatter. I did it that way because I did not want any "hot" to my Huge HLT element.

The Lager I made with the Chiller was very crisp, clean and clear.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

:D
Fermentor:
Fermentor.JPG
Fermentor.JPG (28.01 KiB) Viewed 2784 times