BCS-462 Available - v3.0 firmware released

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
gbrewer
Bot?: No

Re: BCS-462 Available - v3.0 firmware released

Post by gbrewer »

Interesting.. The enable DHCP was indeed checked. It did get the same IP after flash and reboot. . I have a static IP assigned via the router for the mac. Interestingly enough, I have a gap in IP's prior to the static assignment. 192.168.03 is the highest DHCP Dynamic used. I use a static as 192.168.0.6. It used the 192.168.0.6 again.

Eitherway, I unchecked the DHCP box and added the proper static IP to the BCS460. I was happy that I didn't need to LAN hardwire the BCS to the LAPTOP directly even if it was an accident on my part.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Along those lines... We do have a BCS Finder in the works. The firmware on the BCS side is implemented in v3.0, we just need to fine tune the GUI to be released. When the GUI is ready, we'll also post the source. Its my hope that this can be the base of other interesting future GUI functions, such as local data logging, setup wizard, etc..
ECC

Post by ECC »

Looks like there's an incompatibility with v3.0 and the Brewbuddy iPhone app. Temperature updates work, but Process run/stop have issues. Since its easier to fix with BCS firmware, we'll be releasing a v3.1 shortly. If you've already upgraded to v3.0 and don't use Brewbuddy you don't need to worry about it.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Firmware v3.1 is now available. It fixes the Brewbuddy incompatibility issue, as well as a few other issues. See the Firmware Update page for more info.