BCS/Rpi integration

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
dryhopgulch
Bot?: No

BCS/Rpi integration

Post by dryhopgulch »

I'd like to add flame sensing feedback to the bcs via a k-type thermocouple. Understanding that this isn't possible directly, I'm hoping to see if anyone has successfully converted an analog signal and sent it into BCS as a discrete input? Just in theory, this is how I was thinking it could work.. I was thinking about using a python script to determine flame logic based on the sensed temp >500F then it's lit, <500F and it's off (estimates). This could then be input to ladder logic on the bcs? In my head this works, but not sure how this fits into a time function whether the burner gas valve is open or closed and if there's a clever way of setting the LL or bcs to shut the gas valve according to no flame sensed.

Similar sensor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAX6675-Module- ... SwT5tWOcOZ

Just as some background as my need for this safety feature, I've had my flame blow out and did happen to notice it pretty quickly. If this doesn't work then I'm at a loss as to how to get a more safe gas setup using this controller; back to the drawing board.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Re: BCS/Rpi integration

Post by oakbarn »

Have you thought of the flame detector as a DIn. You may have to use a relay and the flame detector as the signal to relay. Then use ladder logic