Ability to use a Touchscreen and GUI?

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
moosecaboose

Ability to use a Touchscreen and GUI?

Post by moosecaboose »

First of all I have seen many different ways to control Home Breweries and have even developed a couple of my own automations systems. This though by far is the "CATS MEOW". Incredible product from what I have read so far and will for sure be purchasing one as soon as I have finished planning my Brew buddy (brew Sculpture).

My question would be instead of hooking up a laptop is there a way to incorporate a touchscreen to the controller and develop my own GUI's? I use to do GUI's with other software so this will be new to me but hey, a few bottles of homebrew and nothing is impossible. I would like to mount a touchscreen in a box attached to my Brew Buddy so all I have to do is hook up my gaslines and plug my power in, light the pilots and off we go.

Also can you store reciepies I wonder?
rabeb25

Re: Ability to use a Touchscreen and GUI?

Post by rabeb25 »

You will still need a computer of some sort to do the gui, and process the image (video card) and whatnot. I did a Similar thing to make a touchscreen jukebox in my bar area. And I also plan on incorporating one into the brewery.
cartdan

Post by cartdan »

I am thinking of adding in a mini-itx computer with a touchscreen eventually, since I've already got them laying around. First off, I need to get everything working though!
rabeb25

Post by rabeb25 »

By this time next week, I should have mine all setup (touchscreen and all processes working)
moosecaboose

Post by moosecaboose »

If you dont mind me asking what type of PC and touchscreen are you using? What are you writing your GUI's in if you doing GUI"S?
rabeb25

Post by rabeb25 »

She's in and runnin! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

rest of the gallery http://rabeb25.mikesdecks.com/BEER/New%20Brew%202/
ECC
Bot?: No

Post by ECC »

That thing is freakin sweet.

I see that you have plastic on the walls. How do you handle all of the water vapor that a boil produces indoors?
rabeb25

Post by rabeb25 »

I have a range hood sucking and a fresh air fan blowing. It does pretty good.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

that is really cool .. can you tell us the details on how you did that GUI and touchscreen?
way too cool .. can you set up all states and processes with just the touchscreen ?
rabeb25

Post by rabeb25 »

Well, Its basically a Computer with a 12" screen, and the screen just happens to be touch ;) No, but seriously windows xp has some tools built into it specifically for touchscreens, so you can bring up a on screen keyboard and what not. Its just like any computer. While I am in the brew room, I can bring up some online music, beersmith, surf the web (and post like now :) ), all while brewing. I's a good time.