Exit conditions and timers

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
Gav
Bot?: No

Exit conditions and timers

Post by Gav »

Hi,

Im having trouble understanding how the process works regarding setting a timer as an exit condition.

Say I want to set my mash to count down for 1.5 hours and I want the exit condition to be that timer of 1.5 hours to then spawn the next state. How would I set that process up. Or can you point me in the right direction for a link. The "learn" explanation is good but I cant quiet work it out.

Also can someone explain what the <= and => (less than and greater than) selections actually do in the exit condition process?

TIA

Gav
AndrewsBrewing

Re: Exit conditions and timers

Post by AndrewsBrewing »

Here's a screen shot of an example. "Notification" is our next state.
bcs.png
bcs.png (49.29 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

In the example screenshot you've got above, your state will exit and go to the next noted state when your Timer 0 hits 1:00:00. In this case, you're using a "count up" timer - meaning it starts either at 0:00:00 or whatever you set and counts up to 1:00:00 (in the exit condition).

There are times when you would rather use a "countdown" timer. This is where you would use the "<=" condition. In your stated example, set a timer to 1:30:00 (1.5 hours), uncheck the "count up" option (so it will count down) and set your exit condition where the the time is less than or equal to 0:00:00.

I personally prefer countdown timers for most of my stuff as it gives you an easy view of how much time is left in the process, mash, time until next hop addition, etc.
Gav

Post by Gav »

Ah yeah. Got it. Thanks very much for the fast reply.