BCS-460 IP not working for login

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
zpashley
Bot?: No

BCS-460 IP not working for login

Post by zpashley »

Have been accessing BCS controls via IP address for 5 months now, this morning, that IP didn't work. All indicators of connectivity are indicating inside the panel, but cannot access the control screen. Previously working IP was 10.1.10.133. Tried plugging in IP from config and all it does it bring me to my router's screen. Any clues on what gives?
Broph

Re: BCS-460 IP not working for login

Post by Broph »

Did you reserve that IP address in your router using the MAC address of your BCS-460?
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Per Broph's post above, sounds like maybe your IP changed if you didn't have a reservation in the router.

Have you run the BCS locator?
zpashley

Post by zpashley »

I ran the BCS locator on PC and nothing showed. The IP address for the router it's connected to definitely changed, but I cant seem to find what the BCS's new IP address is. I found the router's IP on config, and on my ISP's route login page, but when I enter it into browser, it brings me to router page, not BCS screen.
RandR+

Post by RandR+ »

Even if you have a reserved IP setup in the router, if the router IP changes so do the first 3 octets of the reserved IP. I recommend checking the router for attached devices (enter IP in browser, login, there should be an option for devices) and see if you can find the BCS mac address. That should give you the IP.

You may need to power off the BCS and power on for it to go through DHCP to get a new IP if you haven't done that yet.
Broph

Post by Broph »

1. Take a picture or write down the MAC Address that is on your BCS label, and turn the BCS on.
2. Login into your router, locate the DHCP Reservations section. Refer to your Router's user manual on where to locate and how to use it.
3. Either enter the MAC address of the BCS or locate it in the the DHCP List of available connections.Click ok, save,apply - whatever your router needs to accept the entry.
4. You may need to power your BCS down and back on to get the reserved address you gave it in the Router's DHCP Reservations configuration screen.
Thomas Brophy
AleForce Homebrewery
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Have you restarted the BCS? It sounds like you had router configuration changes and the BCS may still be holding the old IP address/subnet that could possibly be invalid now. A power cycle of the BCS will force it to request a new DHCP address.

Do you know what your previous subnet addressing was versus what it is now?