Duplicate Steps

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
mliptack
Bot?: No

Duplicate Steps

Post by mliptack »

Hello,

Is there any way to easily duplicate a step, or insert a step between steps that exist?

I have my Boil Process & steps already defined, and today I was thinking about adding a step between boil and whirlpool that opens up a valve to allow wort to cycle through my plate chiller. I would like to do this without re-creating all the steps.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers!
Max
bbrally

Re: Duplicate Steps

Post by bbrally »

There is no native way to do this.

I wrote a program to help, but it's big weakness is that any moving of states does not alter the exit conditions. All exit conditions affected by a move/copy/addition/deletion of a state will need to be manually adjusted.

http://manipulator.from-ca.com/

Enter in your BCS address and your processes and states will load and be displayed on the screen in a grid pattern with a button above to represent the process and 8 buttons below to represent the states within. Click and drag on any state or process and drop it where required. On the far right are two empty processes that can be used to return processes/states back to factory default values. No changes take place to the BCS until the save button is pressed. Hopefully the rest is self explanatory.
mliptack

Post by mliptack »

bbrally wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:39 pm
There is no native way to do this.

I wrote a program to help, but it's big weakness is that any moving of states does not alter the exit conditions. All exit conditions affected by a move/copy/addition/deletion of a state will need to be manually adjusted.
Thanks bbrally! Bookmarked your tool!

I have moved the states around, but how do I copy one? I want to copy the boil process so that all the settings are the same, just with the recirc valve open.

Cheers!
Max
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

Copying requires a bit more manipulation. I will provide an example using the state/process labels used on the program when you first load the website, but before you load the BCS. (ie. process 5 state 4 is: "5 4")

To copy a state within the same process ("5 4" to "5 5"):

Drag "5 4" to different process that you don't mind overwriting, for example ""7 7".
You will notice that "7 7" has now gone to the "empty" process/states section, This will be lost shortly.
Save "PRO 7". (Not "PRO 5")
Now refresh the browser (ctrl-5) and reload the BCS into the program.
You will now have a copy of "5 4" in process 7 and process 5 will be unchanged.
Drag "5 4" (from process 7) to "5 5". ("5 7" will now be in the "empty" process/state section and "5 5" will have been moved down one state.)
Drag "5 5" to the empty process/state section. (An "Empty" state will now appear at the last state location in process 5)
Drag "5 7" (from the "empty" process/state section) to the last state location in process 5.
Save "PRO 5".

That sounds way more complicated than it is in practice.
If you can make this work, then copying states to other processes or copying processes over other processes should be easy for you.