BCS-482 - Cannot Connect to Utilities for Backup, etc

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
elburro
Bot?: No

BCS-482 - Cannot Connect to Utilities for Backup, etc

Post by elburro »

Its been a while since i brewed and so i cannot remember if i am just missing something or what...

I put my IP address (from finder) into the BCS utilities field and all i get is the Red Check.

I am running 4.1.2 on my machine.

Thoughts?

Thanks

JB
elburro

Re: BCS-482 - Cannot Connect to Utilities for Backup, etc

Post by elburro »

Additional info. I can get the utility connected to the BCS on mobile using the same IP address mentioned above.

Both BCS and the PC I am using are hardwired to the router. Would that make a difference vs using my phone?

Thanks in advance

JB
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

From the PC where the utilities don't work, can you access the BCS normally at it's IP address?
elburro

Post by elburro »

Yessir. No problem, which is why it took me a while to even notice it. Only change i can think of since i last used the BCS was changing from an ATT wifi gateway to a Netgear Orbi Mesh system.

Finder finds it right away on the PC - again it is hardwired to my router. My wifi adapter was not mesh compatible so i had to go wired. I can connect straightaway to that IP and run the BCS with no problem.

I can also bring up the BCS IP on my phone when on the home wifi.

When i put the same IP into the utility on my phone it connects no issue. When i do so on the PC i am using the run the BCS, I get red check/no connect.

Thanks in advance

JB
brewsaas

Post by brewsaas »

Hello, I had the same issue with desktop Chrome and a BCS-462. It works if I use Firefox browser. Hoping that works for you too.
Lees End

Post by Lees End »

Hi, I had the same problem, fixed this as others have, by running the brewery using Firefox instead of Chrome, dunno why this works, but it does!