Customize your BCS web pages

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Customize your BCS web pages

Post by JonW »

(Updated 04/25/2012)
Here is a download file that includes my customized versions of the js and html files to get the customized UI. The included PDF explains some of what is being done, but it is a very rough document. Likewise, some of the sample files are not as polished as I'd like them to be so some of the HTML elements don't line up perfect.
File download: http://www.surfcitybrewing.com/download ... s-JonW.rar

OK, this started out as a proof of concept to see if it could actually be done and it worked out awesome. The screen below is not a mock up, but an actual fully functioning screen that updates as you change processes (or manually control outputs). You can also click on the objects in the custom screen to control the outputs.

I know this is going to be a tease just showing you the screen, but I promise I'll get it fully documented and provide the working sample for how you can do this yourself. I'm not a graphics wizard, so my screen is fairly simple, but I'm sure they'll be others here that can come up with some really cool stuff. Please note that this image simply represents how my system is layed out. With a little work, you'll be able to create a custom screen that mimics the layout of your own system. (note the temps show 0 because my rig is not plugged into the BCS at the moment).

Just so you know, Adam here at ECC fully supports doing this. He actually is looking to build something like this into the BCS and hopefully by my putting this out here, it will spur some discussions on what people would like out of a custom graphic front end.

Click this link for the full sized image: http://www.surfcitybrewing.com/images/b ... 0x1080.png

(image below is distorted due to scaling to show the full image!)
Last edited by JonW on Wed May 30, 2012 9:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
ohio-ed

Re: Customize your BCS web pages - coming soon!

Post by ohio-ed »

This is outstanding.

As soon as I got my BCS I started looking at how the data is stored and how it can be accessed and manipulated. This is 100 times further than I got and very cool. I'd like to be able to include/incorporate additional notes/instructions for each change in state.

I'm looking forward to see where this goes.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

Very well done.
MeLoveBeer

Post by MeLoveBeer »

Looks outstanding... using a graphical representation like that makes the system so much more intuitive.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Status update.....

This is working great and I hope during the holiday break that I will be able to finish the documentation so others can set this up as well.

I've done a few different screen layouts so you can do a basic mod with just adding a custom screen or you can switch to wide screen versions that let you see/use all your controls without scrolling up/down. The multiple formats will be included.
hollisbrewco

Post by hollisbrewco »

Very Interested in this... great work :)
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I actually worked on this a bit more tonight. I'm setting up some personal web pages with brewing related stuff and the docs for how to do this will be incorporated there.

Hopefully not much longer... In the mean time, here is a widescreen layout of my BCS system. On my 1920x1080 laptop, this shows everything on the home page without any scrolling.

Last edited by JonW on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
datamike

Post by datamike »

That is exactly what I've been looking for! Please post more info ASAP.

Thanks for your effort!

Michael
ddorsett

Post by ddorsett »

Any more word on this? Very interesting!!
MaxOut

Post by MaxOut »

Yes, please post progress!! I am just getting my BCS up and running and would love to customize my pages... :D