Temperature Association with Digi 16

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
S. Parks
Bot?: No

Temperature Association with Digi 16

Post by S. Parks »

Can an association to one of the temp inputs be made with the digi 16 outputs?
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Temperature Association with Digi 16

Post by JonW »

No.

Digi16 outputs cannot be used with a temp sensor and all outputs can only be actively controlled by one process at a time.
S. Parks

Post by S. Parks »

OK, I think I figured out what I need to do. i just added the expansion card, and I have intention of controlling two dual stage standing pilot gas valves (honeywell) with the two of the outputs from the digi-16, since all my first six out puts are taken up with a pump, electric RIMS element, and four electric control valves. I should be able to fire those gas valves (separately) with the outputs from the digi, and use a temperature probe temp as an exit condition to turn them off, yes? :?:

What I have is a supply and return valve from both the HLT on left, and the MLT on the Right. Feed through one pump, and ext through a RIMS tube with a 1500 watt element. Temp Probe0 reads the temp as liquids from either location as they pass through.

I want to add the gas valves under each, fire them with the digi 16, and give them an exit condition frim the temp probe to turn off when they reach temperature.
S. Parks

Post by S. Parks »

I'll trty to load a picture of the system in progress
S. Parks

Post by S. Parks »

Ok, so I am not having luck uploading picutres.
bbrally

Post by bbrally »

What you are trying to do would work if you are only interested in getting kettles up to temps and then turning off the burners and moving on.

If you are trying to maintain the temps in your kettles (or even if you are not) I think it would be easier just to move two of your first five outputs (the control valves for example) to the expansion card and wire the Gas valves to the two outputs then available on the BCS. Then you have complete control of the temp process. Your programming will also be easier with less states being used.
S. Parks

Post by S. Parks »

I suspected that was what I needed to do. I've been playing with this thing in the virtual sense for a couple months now. Not a big deal to reassign some outputs and do some re-programing. I see why my pic's wont upload, they are too large. Thanks so much for your edvice and help. :D