v1.2 Firmware available

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
ECC
Bot?: No

v1.2 Firmware available

Post by ECC »

http://www.embeddedcontrolconcepts.com/ ... g_Firmware

New Features:
  • Observation Password. Gives you 2 different levels of authentication, User and Observer. Configure the passwords so that they are different, and then you can share your sessions without fear of people starting/stopping your processes.
  • Misc performance speedups.
bsfixit

Re: v1.2 Firmware available

Post by bsfixit »

I am having a hard time trying to figure out the Tftpserver for MAC, to do the V 1.2 firmware update. I found Ftfp server V 3.2 The help section says its for the Tiger OS not Leopard.
can someone point me to a Leopard Tftp server app. for mac that works on Leopard? What is Errata?
Anyone know what the ipconfig equivalent for MAC is ? can I sign into the router and look for my computers IP address there?
TIA
np0x

Post by np0x »

I use the tftpserver for mac with no problems.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/11116/tftpserver I use this with leopard and it tells you the ip address of the server in the gui when you run it, if that's what you want ipconfig for.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

thanks I had that program .. it tells me my IP but I still cant figure out how to get the new .bin file to the BCS?
I went in update mode entered the IP I see a flash of some file transfer but the BCS never updates.. I wish they showed step by step for
MAC users.
ECC

Post by ECC »

There was a problem with the v1.2 firmware file. I've posted the new image. If you downloaded v1.2 before 2/11, please pick it up again. Sorry for the confusion.

Adam
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

no wonder I was pulling my hair out for the last two hours..
LOL

EDIT after trying the old .bin file for the last couple of hours. I downloaded the new bin and tried to connect to the BCS .. I cannot. I didnt upload the new bin and
killed the power 4 times.. I used to be able to connect with a bookmark. the address was always the same.. 169.254.0.63.. now it doesnt work anymore.
what do I do now>?
ECC

Post by ECC »

The problem was related to the new 'Observer Password' feature, wouldn't affect anything else. Were you successful in updating the device? Lights come on when you connect it? I can't comment on the Mac tftp stuff since I don't have a mac :cry:

You should probably try the hard reset, there are a few different flavors depending on what you want to accomplish.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

I was never able to update it .. I downloaded the new .bin image and then tried to enter firmware upgrade mode but I can no longer bring it up in my safari browser.
I will try the hard reset.. the amber and green lights come on .. I just cannot access it in my browser anymore.. I am going to try the hard reset and then try to put it back on my router and see if I can get to it there..
thanx
np0x

Post by np0x »

Check the original ip address you had, if it didn't get the update, then it wouldn't have reverted to the old ip address. Also make sure you configure your mac to be able to reach the 169. network if you think it has had it's firmware updated.

Lastly, when I had this problem a while back i simply had forgotten to move my network cables and my firmware hadn't been updated, so my device still had the statically configured ip address and I was trying to get to it on the 169 address.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

I finally got it. I had to hard reset it
then I put it on my router. I signed into my router to find the BCS by the MAC address. Once I found it I entered
the IP address it was under. Updated it, and it came up . version 1.2 set the user and observer passwords.
I took it off the router and plugged it directly into my MAC. Hit the bookmark and it worked.
reloaded the config file. and then put it back in my control panel.
so it seems fine now.. Whew.. I need a beer or two..
Thanks for the help.