v1.2 Firmware available

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
np0x
Bot?: No

Re: v1.2 Firmware available

Post by np0x »

you could try checking your software firewall in osx, i do not know how to confirm that the tftp server is open to access from the bcs, but my suspicion is that the issue is with the tftpserver, based on my experiences doing firmware updates during beta testing and recently.
Check out the Brew Buddy for iphone controlling your bcs-460.
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

I have never seen Mac firewall .. or antivirus software for that matter.. I think there are one or two antivirus software programs for macs.. I mean .. who is going to write malware or virus's for mac? .... bueller? ... bueller?
np0x

Post by np0x »

>System Preferences> Security >Firewall

It's built into leopard. I do not know if it is your problem. I have mine set to: "Allow all incoming connections"
bsfixit

Post by bsfixit »

I see that now . The problem is fixed whatever it was. (corrupted bin image file? ) looking at the firewall log , I do see some blocked access attempts when I was having problems. so I guess you were right about that being part of the problem. But my firewall is still not set for "allow all incoming connections." rather "set access for specific services and applications. " But the BCS is working fine now as V 1.2
thanks for pointing out that security tab for me .. I remember setting it up when I first got the computer.
have a good night.
np0x

Post by np0x »

cool, glad you sorted it out, network stuff is rather hard to diagnose remotely. :?
mpilchuk

Post by mpilchuk »

Adam, Brilliant idea with the second password. I had that thought a few days ago. It is nice to let people see the BCS screen and not change anything. Thanks.

I notice that my iPhone does not load the entire BCS screen so I can view it and play with it. It loads but doesn't resolve to a live HTML screen with Temps and buttons which show what I've set them up to be. Not a big deal. Hopefully we will have a solution for the three of us that have BCSs and iPhone soon. The iphone is just damn sweet and easy to use to check to see if the BCS is doing its' thing. I wouldn't use one while brewing, so it really doesn't matter.
Noah showed me the m.html page which does what I want. Safari on my laptop and desktop work fine.

I used to be able to run the BCS from the iPhone. Kind of a pain to set the BCS up with it, but it was great for testing out my HTL while hanging around my brewery one afternoon.

Got the Ramp Set point feature slowly lowering my fridge from 45 to 35 degrees over 3 days for some lagering. Very Cool.