Shrink tube type

Suggestions, Problems, Availability, etc. Everything is up for discussion.
gbrewer
Bot?: No

Shrink tube type

Post by gbrewer »

I am looking for replacement shrink tubing that cover the top portion of the probe where the wires enter. (stock BCS 460 probes) I have a probe with the shrink tubing that cracked leaving the wires exposes and another one that looks like it is wearing out. I'd rather not use the black shrink tubing that you can purchase at Home Depot as it is not as thick.
ohio-ed

Re: Shrink tube type

Post by ohio-ed »

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. But I am curious what it is when you get one :)

Ed
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

You want to make sure you don't get a tubing that is too thick as it might not go down your thermowell. I had that problem with my Brewershardware sanke fermenter unit.

I added shrink tubing on the actual wire (inside the SS tube) so that it would not get cut from the inner lip of the tube, then I put new tubing on the outside. Sorry I have no specs, as it was just stuff I had laying around.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

Thanks Jon. Good advice. I have one that just slides into a compression that has cracked. I need to try your method on my fermentation probe. I use one to slide into the thermowell and had to slice it back a bit.