- Download new image from ECC.
- Start a TFTP server on a computer residing on the same network as the BCS unit.
- Navigate to the Systems Settings page on the BCS-460, and click the "Firmware Update Mode"
- In the dialog box, enter the IP address of the computer running the TFTP Server that will host the firmware image.
- Wait a few seconds for the update to complete.
To update the controller, first run the application on a computer that is located on the same local network as the BCS-460. Set the "Current Directory" to the same directory where the firmware image (step 1) is located. No other setup is usually required.
Click on the "Firmware Update Mode" (step 3) of the System Settings page of the BCS controller. A dialog box will pop up, requesting the IP address of the computer running the TFTP Server. In the example below, the BCS-460 has an IP address of 192.168.0.3, and the computer running the TFTP Server demo is 192.168.0.2.
Click the OK button. The BCS-460 with then go into firmware update mode. The TFTP server will start downloading the firmware image to the BCS unit, as shown below.
After the update is complete, the BCS-460 will restart automatically. It will restart with system defaults, so any saved settings (including non-default network settings) will be lost. Keep in mind that if you're connecting directly to the unit, dhcp is enabled by default, so there will be a 20 sec timeout until the controller gives up on dhcp and assigns itself the IP of 169.254.0.63