How to Change the Temperature Setpoints on the Fly?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
MY ADV
Bot?: No

How to Change the Temperature Setpoints on the Fly?

Post by MY ADV »

Can you change the temperature set point while the processes is running? In other words, if I wanted to mash at 154 instead of 152, is there an easy way to change the set point on the fly instead of reloading the process or preconfiguring it before I brew?

MY ADV
JonW
Site Admin

Re: How to Change the Temperature Setpoints on the Fly?

Post by JonW »

Yes, just click "Temp Setpoint Adjust" from the top menu. That will show you each setpoint for any running processes and you can adjust the temperature there without having to edit the process/state itself. Note that this changes the running value, not the one stored in the process, so next time you restart that process, it will revert back to using your old value.
MY ADV

Post by MY ADV »

Thank you JonW, I have only had practice with online controller form BCS http://ecc.webhop.org:8081/index.html. Dose this "Temp Setpoint Adjust" from the top menu" show up there? I dont seem too see it. If its not to much trouble could you post a screen shot.

Thanks
MY ADV
ECC

Post by ECC »

Yes, it is available on the demo. Top right hand side, between 'Edit Processes' and 'Ladder Logic'.

That will bring you to the Temperature Setpoint Adjust page, which will allow you to adjust setpoints on anything being actively controlled by a process.