BCS-460 & Fiddler2

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
BREWMASON
Bot?: No

BCS-460 & Fiddler2

Post by BREWMASON »

So last night I installed Fiddler and loaded JonW's config from his BCS-462. Opened the png file and modified the picture to have four Fermentors. There is a few things that I will not use obviously as the bcs-460 does not have as many temp / outputs as the 462.I noticed several files in the JonW config pack. Is there a way to modify these files? Is there a way to make this config stay on the bcs-460 instead of using Fiddler to load it? Trying to find a way to modify the config and load my 4xFermentor.PNG.

***FOUND ANSWER**** The *.js script can be edited by opening in an editor. I have not tried this before but I am going to learn.
Last edited by BREWMASON on Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BREWMASON

Re: BCS-460 & Fiddler2

Post by BREWMASON »

Ok, as I read more into the Forums and the WIKI i keep finding the answers to my questions. I don't think I could modify the code just yet to get the function's lined up with my HMI *.PNG file. Once I get to playing with it I might be able to pick it up. Having trouble getting my *.png image with 4 x Fermentors to show on the main page after making changes in HMI builder. Is there a way to load this file onto the bcs-460 without using Fiddler? I can make it load using Fiddler and get it to show in the link box of the HMI builder but just will not load onto the main page of BCS-460. I read one post where someone had this problem. The solution was to load the latest firmware ( This was in 2011 ) and referenced firmware 3.4. I am using 3.4.5 and can not get the HMI Builder *.png file to stick without using Fiddler. Any idea's?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

You can use a custom HMI image without using the Fiddler/Proxy stuff at all. My customizations pre-date the ability to use a custom HMI image with the BCS and are also for doing a complete custom UI that is a bit above and beyond what the HMI stuff offers.

Honestly, for what you're looking to accomplish, you should just use the built in HMI stuff and not mess with Fiddler at this point (check the Wiki for instructions). If you later decide you want more customization options or a touch screen style display, then maybe look at my customizations, but for now, I'd go simple and just use the HMI builder.

In regards to the custom image you are using, it cannot be loaded directly to the BCS. It will have to be hosted somewhere so that it can be served up via HTTP. You can do that from your local computer if you run a web server or you could actually use Fiddler to do that for you.
BREWMASON

Post by BREWMASON »

Thank you very much Jon. That helps point me in the right direction.