Multiple Exit Conditions

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
condonagon
Bot?: No

Multiple Exit Conditions

Post by condonagon »

Hello!
I am currently attempting to program a BCS-462 in a new nano brewery. I am very new to this stuff, but I am figuring some things out. In our brewery we will be running two mash's side by side, followed by two boils side by side. I want to program the BCS so that both mash's are in the same process. The problem I ran into was with the exit conditions. When I set two exits, (each mash tun reaching temp) if one mash tun is a few degrees behind, it pushes ahead because the first condition had been met. Is there a way to set it up so that both heat independently, but wont move to the next state until BOTH conditions are met? I have it set up now with each mash on a different process, but would prefer if they were both together.

Thanks for your help!
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Multiple Exit Conditions

Post by JonW »

Technically, you could do it as one process, but you would need multiple states. Since you can't do a logical AND between exit conditions, you'd need your initial state where both are heating, then you'd need another state where Mash #1 is at temp but Mash #2 is still heating plus a 3rd state where Mash #2 is at temp, but Mash #1 is still heating. You would need 3 states to do it. Honestly, I really think 2 processes would be better. Will you always be doing 2 mashes and 2 boils simultaneously? Might it be better if they were staggered by some time to allow you to do mash-in, hop additions, etc. for each batch? Even cooling or hose switching could benefit from a few minutes of staggered time between the two.