Alternate PID for burner control

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
Viejo
Bot?: No

Alternate PID for burner control

Post by Viejo »

I've been trying to figure out how to associate my HLT burner control with my MLT temp probe for mash, and after several days of studying, I finally found an item in the BCS Learning Center under "Alternate PID" that describes this situation exactly. The problem is that the current version of the program doesn't look like the example in the tutorial. Maybe it was changed? Anyway, I am only controlling the HLT burner via the BCS (other burners are manually controlled) and I want to switch the temp probe association from the HLT to the MLT during mash in a HERMS setup, and it looks like the example is no longer valid. Can someone help?

Thanks!
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Alternate PID for burner control

Post by JonW »

I've not personally used it, but it sounds like the Alt PID would do what you want. Select the heat output you want to control (HLT burner) in the first column, then select the Alternate PID in the second column (the one associated with your MLT).

A second way to accomplish this is to have both temp probe associated outputs driving your HLT heat (physically wire both outputs to control the same heat source).