web buttons w/ladder logic?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
zakleeright
Bot?: No

web buttons w/ladder logic?

Post by zakleeright »

Hi all,
I have "phase 1integration" of my motorized valves to the BCS, via OUT4 line and a relay board in my control panel. For now, I'm just using two web buttons "valve off" and "valve on".
I suspect my noob solution, tho functional, is crude/overkill.

I created process "valve test" with two states:
S0:Valve Off, exit condition = "Valve On" web button pressed, exit to S1:Valve on
S1:Valve on, exit condition = 3.5s timer OR Valve Off button pressed, exit to S0:Valve Off.

Crude, eh?
I thought I could use ladder logic, and incorporate the web buttons on every process, instead of a separate process, and burning state machines just to turn valves on/off. However, it doesn't appear that you can use a web button to "engage" ladder logic, can you? Must I drill new holes in my control panel and add physical switches for manual valve control?

Many thanks to anyone with ideas on how to handle this.
Cheers
JonW
Site Admin

Re: web buttons w/ladder logic?

Post by JonW »

Yes, it seems a little crude. ;) Not quite sure why you're using up web buttons to cycle between a valve open or closed.

If all you want to do is manually open/close the valve, you can do that without a process/state by just clicking on the valve in the UI.

Many of us have very advanced BCS setups with no manual controls. They aren't really needed if you have the UI in front of you for control.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

How do you click on the valve on the UI? By UI I think your are talking about the Web Interface? Do you mean click the Output that is assigned and wired to an SSR controlling the valve.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yes, just click on the output name or the "dot" icon next to it.

If a process is running that is forcing an output on or off, then manual control is disabled. If there are no processes running or you activate "manual mode", then you can control any outputs manually via the main control page.
zakleeright

Post by zakleeright »

wow. uh, that popping sound was the negation of my rectal-cranial inversion. Thanks JonW!