Demo BCS / boil & hop tracking

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
zakleeright
Bot?: No

Demo BCS / boil & hop tracking

Post by zakleeright »

In my BCS studies, I have a section I titled "JonW's advice" that I've culled from the board...Thanks!

In one post I saw that you (JonW) had 5 processes. One was "boil" and one was "track hop additions".
In the current config of the demo BCS, it has a single "boil" process, and no "track hop additions process".
(It appear that someone has played around and hosed the demo unit config a bit...)

JonW, wondering if you could be so kind as to put a fresh config up on the demo unit, or if easier, perhaps do a brief rundown of how you handle boil/hop additions?
the rundown you did on your Mash process in response to another newbie was very helpful.
I've seen some other sharp folks here, so any input from anyone else is greatly appreciated!

cheers
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: Demo BCS / boil & hop tracking

Post by JonW »

On my system, I rely heavily on using the alarm output to signal me for any process/state change that requires my attention - which is why I use a single process for all the hop additions. This allows me to multi-task on brew day by cleaning kegs/fermenters, milling for other batches, drinking beer or watching TV, etc. and once the alarm goes off, I take care of whatever I need on the brew rig.

My boil process contains a state called "Boil Timer Start". I manually select this state in the "Wort/Hop Boil" process once my wort hits the boiling point. This state then starts the boil timer (in that process) and using the spawn process feature, simultaneously starts another process called "Hop Additions". The "Hop Additions" process has a state change for each hop addition needed during the boil at the various times required. I used this as outlined above to just signal me to add the next addition (I have them all preset out ready to go).

I've just reset the demo BCS unit with my configuration. Feel free to explore it and post up any questions.