hmi builder

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
ssgross
Bot?: No

hmi builder

Post by ssgross »

Advanced apologies if this is a stupid question.

I finally got around to using the HMI builder. It was fun, and my virtual system looks nice.
My question...Now what? How do I use/incorporate this into the control? Seems as if I need to customize the index.html? If this is the case, how do I overwrite the existing one?
None of this is in the wiki, and I didn't find a how-to.
oakbarn

Re: hmi builder

Post by oakbarn »

I am not sure what you are talking about updating the index.html. I have been playing with the HMI builder all day and it seems that widgets can be controlled by Processes (but not individual states unless you can figure out some Ladder Logic and use Registers), DINs. Reg (Registers) and Outs. I also know you can add widgets using Java (but have not yet figured that out). It seems that the HMI has a "reserved space" on the index.html and that any changes made to the HMI will show on the Main Control Panel (MCP) or UI or whatever you want to call it.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

ssgross - is the HMI not displaying on the main index.html page? There's a small + sign below the temps that you need to click to expand that area to show the HMI.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

:D
Attachments
MCP_CrypticHMI.png
MCP_CrypticHMI.png (107.01 KiB) Viewed 4747 times
ssgross

Post by ssgross »

found it. thanks. now to make some custom widgets, like showing flames on the burner when it is on....