New to BCS 460 way of brewing

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
Brewtime
Bot?: No

New to BCS 460 way of brewing

Post by Brewtime »

Hi my name is Drew and i have been brewing for 11 years now. I started with a Mr Beer quickly moved to extract with steeping grains to all grain. For the last few years I have been brewing on a Brutus style gas fired RIMS setup. Just last week I upgraded to a 50A HERMS system. Over the last few months i have been reading post on here and on the wiki trying to get up to speed. My question is. Is there a depository of programs to speak of where on could upload a brew day process let’s say for a simple beer with an infusion mash with one hop addition? I ask this because I am a visual learner and if i can look at what others have done it will help me over the learning curve.
brahn

Re: New to BCS 460 way of brewing

Post by brahn »

I believe the demo system at http://demo.embeddedcc.com/index.html is using JonW's configuration. His setup is for gas burners and no HERMS, so yours would be quite a bit different, but it should give you an idea of how the processes can be set up. I really like the way he does the hop additions and has the processes all spawn each other as the brewday progresses.
JonW
Site Admin

Re: New to BCS 460 way of brewing

Post by JonW »

I'll have to look at resetting the config on it as people have messed with it while trying stuff out.