Edits won't save?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
berrywise
Bot?: No

Edits won't save?

Post by berrywise »

I've had my BCS-460 up and running now for a handful of days. Took me awhile to figure out getting it configured to run on my home network via the wifi bridge but all seems to be stable now. That said initially I was able to start editing my processes but shortly after I've been unable to save any changes. I did turn on password protection but have been logging in using admin and password control.

Any thoughts?
oakbarn

Re: Edits won't save?

Post by oakbarn »

apply button to save. Use it often
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

oakbarn wrote:apply button to save. Use it often
Believe me I'm clicking apply plenty and often. The issue it has no effect.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

There are no known problems with edits not saving. Saves take 7-8 seconds when applying.

What firmware version is installed? What browser/version are you using? What specific items are not saving?
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

JonW wrote:There are no known problems with edits not saving. Saves take 7-8 seconds when applying.

What firmware version is installed? What browser/version are you using? What specific items are not saving?
Sorry for the slow response, I've been with family for the holidays. My current setup is 3.7.1

I'm logging in using username admin and password control. Once in the system I click on edit processes and for example let's say I want to change the name of state 0. I type in my new name and click apply. Google chrome starts to process I can because if I hover my curser over a hyperlink it doesn't change. Once it appears to have saved (7-8 seconds like notice) I click on the refresh icon and it reverts back to what it once was. If I click refresh on the browser it also reverts. I've also tried using Internet Explorer to the same affect.

Now I do there was once upon a time that it did actually save my settings as a few of my states I was able to rename. That said I've only been using this thing for a handful of days now.

I feel it traces back to when I believe I turned on "Enable Authentication (Password Protection)". I don't believe that was defaulted as one when I first set it up.

It also doesn't seem to be limited to any one page as I've also tried to rename things like "Header Text, System Name" and the apply button has no effect there either.

p.s Thanks for the help guys!

p.p.s realize I posted this in the wrong forum
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

This is the behavior when using the viewer password.
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

I had a similar issue a while back just connecting to the BCS. Turned out to be an issue with my browser saving and auto-entering the wrong password. Maybe try clearing the PW/Username??
berrywise

Post by berrywise »

It sure is strange. I even tried logging in on my wife's computer as that had never accessed it before, no dice. Considering I haven't really set anything up yet should I try a hard reset of the BCS?
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Yes, just hard reset it.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

You only want to do the 10-20 second RESET.

Basically you depress the RESET Button with something like a squared off toothpick. (It should be non metallic). The button id very slightly up, maybe only 1 or two degrees as the toothpick is almost horizontal. Depress and hold with the POWER ON for 15 seconds and your BCS will be reset to the factory defaults.

You can feel the button depress. You can practice with the power off to find and depress the button.

Once you find the button it is easy to do.