Connecting PID to BCS

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
dober
Bot?: No

Connecting PID to BCS

Post by dober »

OK, so I have figured everything else out, programming, wireless. I will post pictures soon of my new awesome system. Anyway, how do I connect a PID through the BCS. I just don't get it... help. Thanks
gbrewer

Re: Connecting PID to BCS

Post by gbrewer »

Can you provide a bit more detail? What exactly are you trying to connect and what are you trying to achieve as an end result?
dober

Post by dober »

I am trying to connect my PID through my BCS, so I can see the pid info in my BCS software. I understand you associate a temp probe with the pid on the bcs, but what do I use for out on my PID? The alarm leads, temp probe leads? Do I connect the temp probe to the pid then run the wire from the pid to the bcs?
ECC

Post by ECC »

There are no facilities to connect an external PID to the BCS. You can, however, connect temperature probes. The BCS has six (6) built in PIDs. (It is a PID)

Simply select 'PID control' for the output that you'd like to control via PID in your state (or manual mode). Then make sure you have the correct BCS temperature probe associated with that output. Update your temperature setpoint and you should be ready to roll.

Looking forward to pictures!