Multiple temp probes associated with an output

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
TeacherX
Bot?: No

Multiple temp probes associated with an output

Post by TeacherX »

Dear programming gurus,

Please help a new guy as I write my first processes to try out on my brand new four vessel (HLT, MT, BK#1, BK#2) Brutus 10.

First Question:
Should I configure my rig to use PID or hysteresis?
I've made a system which uses manually controlled gas burners as well as a 4500w RIMS tube for step mashing. Currently (no pun intended), I'm using a SSR to switch coil voltage to a contactor which then fires my RIMS tube. From my reading of this forum, most gurus recommend sticking with hysteresis with a 4 degree swing to keep the contactor from wearing out. The problem is that many of these threads are more than five years old. Is this still the case?

Second Question:
Is it possible to associate multiple temp probes with the same output using the BCS software?
I would like my RIMS relay output to be associated with both my HLT probe and my MT probe, correctly if possible. In other threads it has been suggested to: manually change the wiring, write different exit conditions, move the temp probes, etc. I'm curious to hear recommendations from those of you who have tried these different options.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Reference:
http://forum.embeddedcontrolconcepts.co ... t=18&p=593
gyropilot1
Bot?: No

Re: Multiple temp probes associated with an output

Post by gyropilot1 »

I hade a brutus once. I control 1 output with one temp probe. mine has the assco valve. very easy using the hysteriris. the swing of 4 is nice depending on how fast you disipaqte the heat on the vessel you can play with it. having too close in my case force the valve to be on=off shorter times in periods but more cycles. in the new rev vesrion looks like you can assoicate any probe to your output , but not several to one.

chuck P
Attachments
forum pic 3.jpg
forum pic 3.jpg (241.26 KiB) Viewed 2803 times