firm ware update

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
mdunlop4428

firm ware update

Post by mdunlop4428 »

I've spent the last 7 hours trying to update my BCS. I'm so darn fustrated I want to get rid of this thing. I'm in the middle of building my room and control panel and if this thing is as user unfriendly as the update I made a BIG mistake buying.

Is there anyone live to talk to for support? Im done wasting my time.

I have the BCS conneted directly to the router. I can access the BCS through my laptop and Ipad and have accessed the systems settings/firmware update mode button . I've downloaded the TFTP software called Solarwinds. I think I'm not using the TFTP software correctly but the resources and instructions are a no help. After I down loaded the BCS460 bin file what do I do with it? This file is saved on my download file. When I click on it Solarwinds opens?? Do I need to move the file BCS460 bin file into Solarwinds somehow for the actual transfer? If so, I don't know how.

I am getting the messsage within the TFTP software that it is connected to the BCS but get "Transmission fail.could not find file C\TFTP-Root\bcs460.bin
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Re: firm ware update

Post by JonW »

mdunlop4428 wrote:<snip> get "Transmission fail.could not find file C\TFTP-Root\bcs460.bin
I think this is your issue right here. Did you install the Solar Winds TFTP server to the folder "C:\TFTP-Root"? Either that or this is the default folder it uses for file transfers. Either way, it appears that is where it is looking for the file bcs460.bin. If that folder does not exist, create it and then put the downloaded bin file there.
mdunlop4428

Post by mdunlop4428 »

Jon,
I can't thank you enough. How a small thing like this can make a man cry uncle is beyond me.

That was the silver bullet!
JonW
Site Admin
Bot?: No

Post by JonW »

Glad to hear it worked!