Programming questions.

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
ohio-ed
Bot?: No

Re: Programming questions.

Post by ohio-ed »

ECC wrote:Yes, all of the processes are in the config file. Its documented here. Its read out as a comma separated list, so you can read with excel, etc.

One of the features that we're working on is the ability to save/restore a single process, so when that's complete would would be able to create a base process, and then load it into the other process slots and update from there.

Having too much stuff on the screen in the state machine setup page is unfortunately only going to get worse. As new features are added, the page gets bigger. Might be able to hide sections, similar to the Expansion Card Settings on the System Settings page.

Thanks,
I have it loaded into excel and have identified all the elements (as you know there are over 5000).
I'd like to separate it so each process is side by side in different columns.

If I modify the config file and load it back to the BCS, will I be able to reset the BCS if there is a problem with the config file?

I really like the idea of being able to save/restore a single process. Would also be nice to be able to reset a single state or an entire process back to default.
ECC
Bot?: No

Re: Programming questions.

Post by ECC »

Sure, just save a side copy of the config file. If you run into problems, you can always reset the BCS to defaults from teh System Settings page, or worst case do a hard reset. From there you can reload the known good config file.