BCS 4.0 - Web Buttons?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

Re: BCS 4.0 - Web Buttons?

Post by gidi-up »

OK, thanks, kind thought so but still ladder logic will prevent using the same DIN to perform other functions, so either have another TC port welded for an additional float, buy another BCS or hope for just "Conditions" within a state one day :-)

Thanks

Jerry
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

Also wanted to mention on Web Buttons, it was nice to change the text on the Web Buttons to be logical Yes/No type inputs.

Like Process check HLT Level, so if Mid float is on which indicates the HLT is >1/2 full, you could have a Web button for Yes/Continue with recirc of Heat exchange water and that starts up pumps BUT if No/drain the HLT then that will open a drain so you can continue.

Just bringing this up as when the BCS is used beyond the Home brewing stage where multiple brewers that did not program the BCS to have first hand knowledge remember all the steps or have to have paper notes for the what if's, Web buttons just added that manual input for a logical decision, maybe adding a 9th row to the process with 3 segments to bring-em back :D

Just throwing it out there for what it is worth....

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

gidi-up wrote:OK, thanks, kind thought so but still ladder logic will prevent using the same DIN to perform other functions, so either have another TC port welded for an additional float, buy another BCS or hope for just "Conditions" within a state one day :-)
As mentioned, you can use a process as part of the ladder logic conditions. That way if you have multiple processes that use the float, it will only perform the necessary event when that particular process is running. If you're using a DIN for a float, how many different functions would you realistically perform using that same DIN? It's going to be pretty limited.
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

Guess I just have to really dive into the ladder logic to figure it out, just going through the learning curve of many options.

Thanks

Jerry
brahn

Post by brahn »

We don't look at this strictly from the home brewing perspective. We've had pro brewers involved since the private alpha testing phase.

Web Inputs will not be included in the 4.0.0 final release, we're too far along in the process for them to come back at this point. If there's enough feedback that they're still needed we can look at that for a future release. As far as I know, those who were using them have found them unnecessary after using the new interface and the Wait for Input exit condition target.
1ds19

Post by 1ds19 »

Hi all,

I'm having trouble replicating JonW's multi-process boil & hop additions programming (BCS v. 3.7.1). I have one process (Boil) which has two states (bring to boil; boil duty cycle) with the state change triggered by temp probe, and at the end of the first state, a Boil Timer process is spawned. In this second process there are multiple hop addition states, where the first state starts a timer and the rest of the states continue running the timer from previous state & sound looping alarms. A state change in this second process is triggered by the boil timer. When the boil timer runs to zero, the Boil process is killed via a state change (Knockout) in the Boil Timer process.

The trouble is when I spawn the Boil Timer process via a state change in the Boil process, the countdown timer is not displayed on Main Control page (I've tested it and the timer does initiate, however I cannot track which addition I am at).Are there restrictions letting me display a timer via spawning a process? JonW, how did you solve this issue? Thanks in advance!
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

The 3.x series firmware on the BCS only shows one process at a time on the screen, so you can't see the timers of the second process unless you select it from the drop-down control. The problem with this though is that you then need to jump back and forth between the two screens to see the timers in each.

Honestly, the best solution is to move to the 4.0 version firmware as it will display multiple processes/states/timers all on the home screen.
1ds19

Post by 1ds19 »

Okay great, I will do that. Thanks JonW
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

gidi-up wrote:Yea was thinking of that but really would be nice to just have "Conditions" within the state due to Ladder Logic just happens in the back ground when any states is running.

So my thoughts are what if you have no Process running or states Active OR even Process 1 running does ladder logic still function?

Example, you are working on say your HLT, while you have a tank cleaning process, and in your HLT you hit the Float for Full and that triggers din 5 and your Elements kick on, is that possible, sorry have not tested that.

To me what happens in that state/process only happens when that is running OR say I want to use DIN 5 in multiple processes but perform a different function. Which I will be using like DIN 5 (HLT FULL float) in a couple process, so 1 for my HLT fill and heat process BUT again on Heat Exchange process, so will re-circ my hot water back to HLT but if HLT is full well need to stop and kick on by pass to drain.

Jerry
You can use Ladder Logic and make it conditional on a Process or even a State within a Process.

In Rung 1 I have to have Process 0 Running and Din 5 "On" and then my Special Alarm on Out 7 goes.

On Rung 4 I have set it up so that:

Proc 2 Must be Running AND Din 5 "On" AND Reg 0 "Asserted" I assert Register 0 in State 2 of Process 2 of the Process Editor. When I meet all the conditions, my Special Alarm on Out 9 comes on.
LL_1.png
LL_1.png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 4993 times