Copy/Move Process 0 to Process 1 or 6

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
gidi-up
Bot?: No

Copy/Move Process 0 to Process 1 or 6

Post by gidi-up »

You could take process 0 and copy/move that to say Process 1 or 6 in the old 3.7 and the new Utility it is appearing you can not do this.

Then looking at the backup file, 1 Line, 133461 columns, is not a easy file to copy and paste around.

Anyone know of a way to do this easily?

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Copy/Move Process 0 to Process 1 or 6

Post by JonW »

The backup/restore procedure allows you to do this. Once you select your file to restore, you can select if you want system information and/or processes restored. You can also select which backed up process to restore to which destination process via the drop-downs.
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

Well, before you stated 'dropdowns' there were never there before when doing a restore, which I have done a few times.

I was doing backups yesterday and I notice some of the Process names were not present, they were blank.

Then I did do a restore yesterday for a test, so I backed up, then restored, rebooted, then when looking at the processes many of the settings were not the same, Like run on startup and Process always show, I had to go through all 8 processes and reset all of them.

But appears something was happening, so will give it a go again today.

Thanks

Jerry
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

What browser are you using? Possibly there is an incompatibility issue. The backup/restore works great and has all the options I described. If you're not seeing them, it is likely a browser issue.
gidi-up

Post by gidi-up »

I only use Chrome but I thought of using other Browsers but did not know a list of "supported" browsers so did not feel like trying others in hopes...

But today all is working as expected using Chrome for backups/restore, coping process, so something was wrong. The only thing I did was close/re-open the Browser and all good, so I am sure something with the browser I am sure.

But just for reference what are the "supported/recommended" browsers?

Thanks

Jerry
brahn

Post by brahn »

Chrome is used for development, but we do regular testing with Firefox (requires version 29+) and Internet Explorer (requires version 10+).