Dealing with NO solenoid valves

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
p4ck37p1mp
Bot?: No

Dealing with NO solenoid valves

Post by p4ck37p1mp »

So I got a great deal on my Asco valves on eBay. Come to find out after I get them installed, they're not NC, but are NO. This is no problem, through it wastes one process I called 'Rig Idle' to close all the valves. First brew day I wanted to use the MLT burner to help maintain temps along with the RIMS HEX. I couldn't really do it as it was sending power to the valve thinking that would turn it on, when of course it turned it off. Is there a way to tell the BCS to reverse the logic for the 3 valves?
p4ck37p1mp

Re: Dealing with NO solenoid valves

Post by p4ck37p1mp »

I figured this one out, set the MLT burner valve to cool, so it reverses the logic. I think this will work.
ECC

Post by ECC »

Yeah, setting it to cool will do what you want. In fact, the coding for cooling was extremely easy, just a one-liner: normal_result xor cool_mode.
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

Be very careful with this valve. If you lose power or something fails in your system, you will most likely have gas flow. Unplugging your system quickly due to a system failure will only keep the gas flowing.

I am sure you are aware of this but just keep it in your mind.
p4ck37p1mp

Post by p4ck37p1mp »

gbrewer wrote:Be very careful with this valve. If you lose power or something fails in your system, you will most likely have gas flow. Unplugging your system quickly due to a system failure will only keep the gas flowing.

I am sure you are aware of this but just keep it in your mind.
Of course I am aware of this.