Recipe utility issues

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
Timbrew
Bot?: No

Recipe utility issues

Post by Timbrew »

I'm still having the same problems I'd reported earlier this year (during the 4.0 beta) in using the recipe utility with decimal points. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing? To reiterate, after setting up and saving the variables, the recipe values tab shows the correct values that have been entered into the BCS (e.g. for my mash-temp I use 66.7 Celcius). All good so far....However, when trying to edit these values, no decimals are accepted (e.g. I change 66.7 to 66.5, the value reverts to whole number 66). It does this for all my values (strike, mash, sparge). On checking the BCS values, these have then also changed to a whole number (66). The recipe values cannot be edited and I have to manually enter all the values back into BCS. I'm using Chrome on a MAC if this is useful info.

Any advice welcome. Thanks:)
Andy Dean

Re: Recipe utility issues

Post by Andy Dean »

Just noticed this issue myself while playing with the recipe utility, it only seems to want to work with integers for me also, it doesn't even round up or down correctly it just ignores anything after the decimal point. I'm using IE11. Can we have it so it works to one decimal place please?
Andy Dean

Post by Andy Dean »

Has anyone looked into this? It really makes the recipe utility pretty useless for us folks working in Celsius, and it would be such a nice feature to use?
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

I actually noticed a different issue yesterday when updating my hop addition timers. When entering a time - say 0:20:00 as soon as I'd hit the tab/enter to go to the next entry window the time would change to 0:06:00 or 0:05:00... Strange thing is that the correct value would be sent to the BCS- Makes me wonder if it's reading back the value from the BCS and translating the number into a different format or something.
I'm using F for my temps so I never use decimals so haven't been witness to the issue you guys are having.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Sorry this took so long, but I just pushed a version that supports a decimal place in the recipe values.

brewstarke, you're correct that after the value is pushed to the BCS the response is read and updates the field. I'm not able to replicate the issue you're seeing though, it is being updated with the correct value for me.
Andy Dean

Post by Andy Dean »

Thanks brahn, that's working magic now! Brilliant! :D
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

Thanks brahn--
I'm still getting that behavior with your latest version. If I hit refresh after entering my desired value it refreshes with the correct time which is easier to confirm than looking the value up in process editor.
I'm getting this from entering a time value to an exit condition that is using a timer (obviously) that is counting down. The value I'm entering is to set into the <= conditional if that helps...
Also, here's how it's translating:
entered value:--> changes to:
0:20:00 --> 0:02:00
0:15:00 --> 0:01:30
0:10:00 --> 0:01:00
0:60:00 --> 0:06:00

Seems to be a decimal error in the displayed return value??

I'd put this low on your list-

Another piece of evidence it's time I learn some javascript....
brahn

Post by brahn »

You are using the "official" tools at https://embeddedcc.github.io/bcs-recipes/ right? Not the ones in my personal repository that I published during the alpha testing?

The actual values going to the BCS are in tenths of a second, so it's getting converted from hh:mm:ss and back each time. It looks like it's not getting converted right on the response, but I don't see that happening.
brewstarke

Post by brewstarke »

Yeah- just confirmed it. I'm using Chrome, which what you recommend correct? If that may be relevant.
Wonder if it's an issue with how my exit conditions are mapped or something??

Again- unless it's causing others gripe don't sweat it.
brahn

Post by brahn »

Chrome is what I use for development, so that does rule out something browser specific.

I'll have to look at it some more, that is really strange.