A simple ?: Repeatablity?

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
bad coffee
Bot?: No

A simple ?: Repeatablity?

Post by bad coffee »

Hey guys and gals, I'm trying to decide on a controller system for my brewery. The BCS is definitely in the lead, I'm just ironing out details. I've searched a bunch and can't seem to find an answer.

Can I repeat a brew easily with BCS? Say I make a Summer Ale this year, and next year want to repeat the same beer. Is there a way to pull up a file and go? Or will I have to program every brew every time I want to brew?

Sorry for a simple question, the answer might be that obvious that I just don't get it.

Cheers,
Brett
ECC

Re: A simple ?: Repeatablity?

Post by ECC »

Sure, all settings can be saved and restored into a configuration file. This file can then be loaded at a later date (if you choose to brew with the same settings).

In the System Settings page, look for 'System Save' and 'System Restore'.

Good luck!
gbrewer

Post by gbrewer »

You can save it as a backup file and name it for your beer if you like. I have played with the configuration files for some time now. I am currently set up with a few "processes" that do different things for the recipes I have.

Examples ------

60 minute mash - 150 degrees
90 minute mash = 150 degrees
60 minute mash - 154 degrees
90 minute mash - 154 degrees

I use these 4 process depending on what I am brewing. We can all debate if it really makes that much of a difference in the beer but... This is my way and I like to run the same process for the same beers I decide to repeat.

The 4 processes are always loaded into the system and can be selected at the beginning of the brew day.

I also have saved a couple different processes that I can restore if I like. One is for fermentation to refrigerate (hold) at a set temperature. The other was a more advanced process using all my float switches, etc.. (I don't use it much because I haven't ironed out the configuration yet)
bad coffee

Post by bad coffee »

Cool. Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks
B