Large Temp Display API

Describe your system and processes, and post your config file.
oakbarn
Bot?: No

Large Temp Display API

Post by oakbarn »

I had a "dream" of a Large Screen Display of a single Temp Probe. We are generally not close enough to monitor the Temp of the Mash and I use Chrome Cast to cast the BCS UI to a 55 Inch screen near the Brewery. The Temp Displays are too small to see across the room so I wanted a big Single Display.

With a lot of help of bbralley :ugeek: I mangled some javascript together that does what I want.

Here is a link to the files. There is one for each probe. There are two subfolders that you will need as well under the Javaprobes folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gf8y8z5f5a7v ... Ry9za?dl=0

There is an html file for each probes (0 to 7) for the BCS 462. It works in F or C.

If the Probe is within 1 degree of the Setpoint, it is GREEN
temp4goodS.png
temp4goodS.png (66.5 KiB) Viewed 16609 times
If greater than +1 degree, it is RED,
temp4HotSg.png
temp4HotSg.png (66.55 KiB) Viewed 16609 times
if less than -1 degree, it is BLUE.
temp4coldS.png
temp4coldS.png (68.18 KiB) Viewed 16609 times
I use it to monitor the MASH as well as Cooled Wort.

You do need to put in the IP Address and the Probe Number is just for reference.
brahn

Re: Large Temp Display API

Post by brahn »

Cool!
DB's Brews

Post by DB's Brews »

I know this is an old thread but I just discovered it and love the large temp displays.

I was wondering if you have ever tried to use on a raspberry pi? I am attempting to get it to work but currently no luck as I am not that computer sauve. If you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.
DB's Brews

Post by DB's Brews »

Well I was able to get this to work on the raspberry Pi. Next step will be to see if I can figure the coding so that it will automatically load my BCS IP address and start when raspberry pi is started.
oakbarn

Post by oakbarn »

I use a Dynamic DNS